This one was on Personal Safety Online.
We learned:
- each time you connect to the Internet, you enter a public place in which your conduct is visible and everything has consequences
- There is an actual policy, an AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) that outlines appropriate use of the Internet and is enforced by system administrators
- Your password is the first line of defense. It can keep someone from accessing your personal life and getting into your other accounts too
- Passwords should be really nice and confusing for potential hackers. Make it as hard as possible for ANYONE to figure out....except yourself, of course. I actually made mine so hard I was almost unable to get into this site to post this blog. lol
- We learned about Phishing - a form of online fraud through e-mails asking your personal information and looking all official. Some stage a problem to get you worried your account info is being stolen, so you give them the info needed to sign into your account and POOF!!! There they go with your bank book.
- Identity theft (I LOVE the Capital One Vikings!) occurs when stolen personal info is used to open accounts used to make fraudulent purchases. Get this...it isn't even limited to Internet activity. Oy! Still feel safe?
I think I'll stop there for now. I've got quite a headache and have a job to go find so I can pay for more of this wonderful education that taught me all of the above.
See ya!
~Vanessa ;) <><

No comments:
Post a Comment