Last night, I went for a walk, just in silence rather than rattling off all my requests and drowning Him out. I listened and just breathed in the refreshing air coming over the pond as the sunlight waned. Breathing that air was almost like drinking a glass of water, filling my lungs with its coolness. God totally showed me how rushed my life has been lately and that I need to slow down and enjoy the life He's given me. He showed me how stupidly worried I've been about stuff and the future, that it is all in His hands. He made this beautiful scene stretched before my eyes. It was all I could do to take it all in at once...overwhelming! My eyes couldn't open wide enough to take it all in. And He created that! The huge expanse of darkening sky, the endless horizon blotched with the furry heads of pine trees, the marsh over which countless geese flew, honking at one another. He MADE that! And I was questioning my life's future? I stood there, blown away....well almost literally because the wind was so strong....but just realizing how pointless it is to worry about a future that is in the hands of the One Who with a word formed everything I see and touch and enjoy, even my very life! Who am I to question that kind of power?
Needless to say, it was an awesome experience and I am very much refreshed for it. And no, I am not sick as I thought yesterday. I just needed that rushing wind to blow away all the trash that had accumulated in my brain. It was getting so cluttered I was losing sight of my Abba.
I want to encourage you to never lose sight of Him even when life gets hard or distracting. The problems of this life are never so impossible they make you take your eyes off our Omnipotent Lord. Go outside and fill your lungs with fresh air, clear your mind so you can do mothing but focus on Him and hear what He's trying to tell you. As the pastor of my church says, "God's a gentleman and speaks softly and gently to His children. It's up to us whether we will turn down the noise of our lives to hear what He's trying to say." So shut up and let him have the floor for a change!
"Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth." - Job 37:2
God bless,
Vanessa ;) <><
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment